Wallets for Android users across America have been a long-awaited feature for Android users, as their use has skyrocketed into the billions.
So you might be wondering if Walmart accepts Google Pay and Samsung Pay given the popularity of mobile wallets? Here’s what I discovered.
What are the Google Pay options at Walmart What will happen in 2022?
Amazon Pay and Samsung Pay are not accepted by Walmart in-store or online as of 2022. For customers to pay at registers and self-checkout aisles, Walmart Pay can now be installed on Android smartphones. Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, and American Express credit and debit cards are accepted at Walmart.
Is Walmart missing out on the convenience of Google Pay or Samsung Pay?
According to Walmart, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are not accepted because they would be losing valuable data whenever a payment is made through mobile wallets.
In lieu of NFC technology, Walmart Pay utilizes a QR code system for mobile payments. Customers can use this to pay using Walmart’s app, even with older smartphones.
Additionally, Walmart Pay’s customers can conveniently make payments by connecting credit and debit cards to their accounts in the same way that Google Pay and Apple Pay do.
What are the steps for using Walmart Pay on Android?
You can get started using Walmart Pay using the following steps:
- Walmart’s app is available to download for both Android and iOS users here.
- You can select Walmart Pay from the services screen of the app once it has been downloaded. Directly from the Walmart Pay section, you can enter your credit card information.
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover are all accepted by Walmart Pay.
- In addition to Walmart Pay, Walmart Gift Cards, eGift Cards, and prepaid credit cards are supported.
- To access the store, you’ll need a 4-digit PIN or your fingerprint.
- You can use Walmart Pay to complete payments once you’re checking out.
What is the difference between Walmart Pay and Google Pay or Samsung Pay?
Despite the fact that all these services work the same way in theory, the way the transactions are handled is different. You can make a wireless payment using Google Pay or Samsung Pay by holding your phone close to a payment terminal.
Instead of transmitting your financial information, Walmart Pay uses a QR code instead, meaning your information isn’t transmitted at all.
Is Walmart Pay Cash Back available?
They absolutely do!
Your associated credit card gives you 5% cash back on Walmart.com purchases, including grocery pickup and delivery.
Is there a way for me to pay at Walmart?
Other payment options are available at Walmart in-stores. If none of these work, then you can try the following:
- MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Visa are a few examples of credit cards.
- Walmart MoneyCard accepts ATM/Debit/Check Cards.
- Walmart MasterCard and Walmart Credit Card.
- Gift cards and electronic gift cards from Walmart.
- Digital services like Pay Pal network.
- Good old cash money.
- Payment by Chase.
- Checkout with American Express.
- Finance installments.
Is there a payment method that Walmart does not accept?
Walmart does not accept the following forms of payment in their stores:
- Business card from Walmart.
- Cardholders of Sam’s Club Advantage credit cards may apply for the card.
- The cash-on-delivery (COD) option.
- Place orders for purchases.
- Card issued by FSA.
- Other merchants’ gift cards.
- Credit cards issued internationally.
- Benefits are transferred electronically (EBT).
Download the Walmart app for iOS or Android and sign into your Walmart account with your payment information.