Walmart provides prospective employees with an array of employment options, including retail, distribution, and food-related jobs.
Walmart’s minimum age for job applications is 16 years old, so here’s what you need to know if you want a job with Walmart.
Walmart will be hiring at age 16 by 2022?
According to Walmart, they will hire young people as early as 2022 for positions such as cashier, stocker, and cart attendant. As of right now, there are many 16-year-olds teenagers working at Walmart that earn eleven to fifteen dollars per hour. You should keep in mind, however, that you aren’t eligible for all Walmart jobs at age 16, despite the fact that you can join the workforce at 16.
16-year-olds at Walmart make how much money?
16-year-olds tend to earn between $11 and $14 per hour at Walmart.
Walmart has been criticized for its wages, but it is still ranked well among retail stores when it comes to paying teenagers.
Moreover, Walmart offers up-skilling opportunities for its employees to help them advance in the company.
16-year-olds can apply for entry-level positions
Walmart offers a wide range of jobs since it is the world’s largest private employer.
Teenagers can get a variety of entry-level jobs at most store locations, from packing boxes to working at the cash register or manning the window displays.
For 16-year-olds, Walmart offers entry-level jobs.
- Stockers are responsible for unloading and loading shipments, stocking shelves, and building displays in the backroom. Customers may ask to see products or have questions answered by the stocker. Cleanness is also maintained in the aisles and around them.
- Walmart cashiers have a number of responsibilities in addition to ringing up sales and bagging items for customers. Customers’ questions about merchandise, product returns, ongoing sales, and store policies are just a few examples.
- The Fresh Food Associate must ensure that meals are always fresh and of the highest quality. Fresh foods are stocked on the shelves, and low-quality food is replaced with fresh foods. In addition, associates in the food section of the store maintain cleanliness.
- Cart Attendant : In the parking lot, cart attendants help customers gather their carts in order to get what they need as quickly as possible. Ensure that your floors and restrooms are clean and assist your customers with their purchases.
Walmart’s career page allows candidates to create an account, search for a store in their area, and apply for jobs online.
Walmart offers many entry-level jobs for teens, including positions in the produce department, the toy aisle, and even handing out complimentary samples of ice cream!
Are Walmart 16-year-olds hired quickly?
It depends on which job you are applying for how long Walmart takes to hire you.
The company strives, however, to reduce its hiring process to 24 hours by filling vacant positions quickly.
Your application will be reviewed within about 5-10 days after submission.
Moreover, hiring can take up to four months after a store has been opened for business.
Walmart has part-time job openings Is it appropriate for 16-year-olds?
Working at Walmart while in school or doing another part-time job is possible if you are just wondering if you can work there while studying.
It is more common for Walmart to hire new employees based on availability, rather than based on their skill set.
Due to this, the company is always looking for people who have no experience, but who will learn quickly.
Training and experience will increase part-time employees’ earnings to $14 to $16 per hour.
You can also fill in for unfilled shifts as a part-time worker and exchange shifts with other employees.
How To Prepare For A Walmart Interview
It depends on the position at Walmart what questions you are asked during the interview. However, here are some questions 16-year-olds commonly ask:
- Besides being 16 years old, why should we hire you?
- What steps do you take when customers are upset?
- Has it ever been your job to work? Did you leave your last job because of some reason?
- When morale is low, how do you deal with it?
The company hires teenagers for many types of jobs, in veriuos domains.
Apply online, or attend the company’s job fair and apply on the spot if the company is hiring.